If I would asked to choose five papers that more represent my work (and me), they would be not the most cited (among them), not those in Journals with the highest impact (well ... among them), and I would select probably:
- Rinaldo, A., A. Marani and R. Rigon, Geomorphological dispersion, Water Resources Research, 27(4), 513-525, 1991
- Rodriguez-Iturbe, I. , A. Rinaldo, R. Rigon, R. L. Bras, A. Marani and E.J. Ijjasz-Vasquez, Energy dissipation, runoff production, and the 3-dimensional structure of river basin, Water Resources Research, (28)4, 1095-1103, 1992.
- Rigon R., Bertoldi G e T. M. Over, GEOtop: A distributed hydrological model with coupled water and energy budgets, Journal of Hydrometeorology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pages 371-388, 2006
- M. Dall’Amico, S. Endrizzi, S. Gruber, and R. Rigon, An energy-conserving model of freezing variably-saturated soil, The Cryosphere, 5, 469-484, 2011, doi:10.5194/tc-5-469-2011
- Formetta G., Antonello A., Franceschi S., David O., and Rigon R., Hydrological modelling with components: A GIS-based open-source framework, Environmental Modelling & Software, 5 (2014), 190-200
Obviously I did decent work also between 1992 and 2006. Enjoy!