- Taber, S., Frost heaving, J. Geology 37 (1929) 429-461
- Taber, S. The mechanics of frost heaving, J. Geology 38 (1930) 303-317
- Dash, J.G., Fu, H. and Wettlaufer, J.S., The premelting of ice and its environmental consequences, Rep.Prog.Phys. 58 (1995) 115-167
- Rempel, A.W., Wettlaufer, J.S. and Worster, M.G. Premelting dynamics in a continuum model of frost heave, J. Fluid Mech. 298 (2004) 227-244
- Wettlaufer, J.S. and Worster, M.G. Premelting dynamics, Annu.Rev.FluidMech. 38 (2006) 427-452
- Wettlaufer, J.S. and Worster, M.G. , Dynamics of premelted films: Frost heave in a capillary, Phys. Rev E., 51(5), 4679-4689, 1995
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Frost heave is a phenomenon of accumulation of ice due to peculiar thermodynamics circumstances. It is quite an important phenomenon that I encounter during the thesis of Matteo Dall'Amico, and we did not treat (but I have some ideas about). Causally I found this youtube lecture that illustrate it, and can be used to understand a little more about.