- 1/5 - Rodriguez-Iturbe, I., and J. B. Valdes. 12/1979. “The Geomorphologic Structure of the Hydrologic Response.” Water Resources Research 15 (6): 1409–20.
- 2/5 - Freeze, R. A., & Harlan, R. L. (1969). Blueprint for a physically-based, digitally-simulated hydrologic response model. Journal of Hydrology, 9(3), 237–258. doi:10.1016/0022-1694(69)90020-1
But these go back quite in time and affected almost all of my research. So they do not count for the title. They are very recognized benchmark papers. Important for anyone.
- 3/5 Botter, Gianluca, Enrico Bertuzzo, and Andrea Rinaldo. 2010. “Transport in the Hydrologic Response: Travel Time Distributions, Soil Moisture Dynamics, and the Old Water Paradox.” Water Resources Research 46 (3). http://doi.wiley.com/10.1029/2009WR008371.
- 4/5 Casulli, Vincenzo, and Zanolli, Paola. 2010. “A Nested Newton-Type Algorithm for Finite Colume Methods Solving Richards’ Equation in Mixed Form.” SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing 32 (4): 2225–73.
- 5/5 Schymanski, Stanislaus J., and Dani Or. 2017. “Leaf-Scale Experiments Reveal an Important Omission in the Penman–Monteith Equation.” Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 21 (2): 685–706.
As in the tradition of these chains, no explanations but the links to the papers, yes