"We are happy to announce the launch of a new initiative within our Hydrology section—the Virtual Hydrologists Project (VHP). The scope of VHP is to preserve the legacy of eminent hydrologists who have shaped the field of hydrologic sciences and education by making their scientific work easily accessible to the community. VHP is a living project, which will continually invite the community to contribute material, additions, and/or corrections toward building a comprehensive library to be enjoyed by all generations of hydrologists—from junior to senior researchers".
"We started in 2016 with four inaugural entries: Robert Horton (1875–1945), Walter Langbein (1907–1982), James C. I. Dooge (1922–2010), and Paul Witherspoon (1919–2012). More will follow, and a committee has been formed to advice on the growth of the project."
Some years ago AGU produced also a series of interviews which are now on YouTube:
- C. V. Theis (1985) interviewed by John Bredehoeft
- R. K. Linsley (1986) interviewed by Simon Ince and R.A. Clark
- John R. Philip (1995) interviewed by Stephen Burges
- James C. I. Dooge (1995) interviewed by David R. Dawdy
- Terence O’Donnell (1995) interviewed by David R. Dawdy
- David R. Dawdy (1995) interviewed by Terence O’Donnell
- Mark F. Meier (1995) interviewed by Gordon Young
- Gilbert White (1996) interviewed by Mary Fran Myers
- Peter S. Eagleson (1997) interviewed by Stephen Burges
Learn from the masters !