OMS3, and at the right time Geotools, and jgrasstools, not forgetting the tools of the tool (Ant, Maven, Git)^*, but in the meanwhile I will try to address the topics related to object oriented programming. Programming is actually very much not talking about that but doing it, so many of the slides will actually recall to actions.
0 - Getting Started (mostly things to read -or start to read- before the start) (YouTube 2018 video)
1 - Your first program (You Tube Video 2018)
2 - Solving a linear equation
- Short Intro to UML* class diagram (YouTube 2018)
- UML - stands fro Universal Modelling Language. It is a set of graphic tools that can be used to sketch OO programs. The classical reference is Martin Fowler's, UML 2.0 distilled, 2003. It is a short and nice and time-affordable reading.
- Naming Conventions (YouTube2018)
- The Structure of a Java Class and something about Javadoc (YouTube2018)
- Storyboard of the classes
- Reading data from a File (no frills, no much design) (YouTube Live Video)
- Writing data to a File (no frills, no much design) (YouTube Live Video)
- Reading and writing data to a File. Designing the classes (YouTube Live Video)
- Reading and writing data to a File with Java 8. (YouTube Live Video)
- For getting more on Streams see the chapter 3 of Modern Java in Action (a book worth to buy).
- For Getting more on Lambdas, Chapter 6 to 9 of Modern Java in Action .
- Learning a little better what is a regular expression
The source code is available for download to from GitHub.
Please go to this blogpost.
^* - From the links you can quite understand the I rely very much on Lars Vogel site for the basic stuff. It is not obviously the only good resource available (stackoverflow is another one, for instance, and many others will be addressed).