I believe a good an simple scheme for presenting a hydrological analysis od a catchment could be:
- Description of the basins: geography and morphometric characteristics relevant to the study
- Description and reference to the data available and used for validation with reference to who gave the data (it is assumed that the method of validation are presented elsewhere)
- Description of the initial and boundary conditions (when applicable) and the rational behind there choice
- Rational behind the choice of the parameters to calibrate
- Calibration procedure and period of calibration
- Simulations (the simulation setup must be well specified)
- Analysis of the results, possibly looking at quantitative benchmarks of models' performances.
A longer discussion mostly related to distributed modeling in one of the next posts.