- A brief introduction to the Object Modelling System (YouTube video).
- OMS User Manual - Introduction (pdf, epub)
The rational for a components-based modelling system can be found with the material of the Winter Schools
For more general information you can browse the various dedicated posts in this blog.
For running it, you have to perform various installations:
- Java. GEOframe and OMS are written in Java and they require to have installed Java on your computer. Here you can find instructions to install Java on your computer. OMS need Java 8 JDK. Please note that you need the Java Development Toolkit (JDK) installed not the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The official Oracle's pages are here but we now want to use AdoptOpenJDK (see why here). Recently, for simplify these installations, and the companion installations of the system GEOFrame built upon OMS3, we have used the Anaconda Environment, here.
- The Docker way. Therefore you need to install it (here for Linuxes) on your computer. To quickly understand what Docker is, you can see here. Or read this tutorial. This video could be useful too. The knowledge of Docker required will be extremely elementary. You will not be required to do Docker applications. You simply use one and, at the end, is just matter of executing a command. The Docker hub for OMS is at https://hub.docker.com/r/omslab/oms/. Please check also the trouble shooting pages. using docker, usually, makes available the most recent version of the software. The CSIP Docker tools are at https://hub.docker.com/u/omslab
- The Console way. The OMS system installation traditional information can be found here: https://alm.engr.colostate.edu/cb/wiki/16961 and https://alm.engr.colostate.edu/cb/wiki/17107.
- For geeks, OMS and CSIP are available at maven central: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/edu.colostate.omslab (never tried so far).
- David, O., Ascough, J. C., II, Lloyd, W., Green, T. R., Rojas, K. W., Leavesley, G. H., & Ahuja, L. R. (2012). A software engineering perspective on environmental modeling framework design: The Object Modeling System. Environmental Modelling and Software, 39, 1–13. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2012.03.006
- Marialaura Bancheri's dissertation (Mostly on application within GEOframe)
- Francesco Serafin dissertation (On various structural things about OMS3)
Our development regarding the Net3 (Francesco Serafin's work): https://alm.engr.colostate.edu/cb/repository/24720
Hopefully they will merge soon in an official release. All the "alm" repo at present require a password that can be asked to Olaf David (odavid <at> colostate. edu) col.